Content supplied by HotSpring of Dayton
More than just relaxing … a hot tub can be good for you.
Relaxation and Stress Reduction
- Relaxing in a spa stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural “feel good” chemical, giving you a sense of well being and rejuvenation.
- Warm water and soothing massage relieves anxiety and relaxes tense muscles.
- A hot tub provides a sanctuary for quiet moments alone and to reconnect with family and friends.
Soothes Aches and Pains
- Eases muscle pain, fatigue, stiffness and soreness due to sports activities and exercising.
- Raises body temperature and causes blood vessels to dilate, resulting in increased circulation and blood flow which accelerate the body’s natural healing process.
- Speeds the elimination of lactic acids and other toxins, which are replaced by oxygen and the body’s natural nutrients.
Arthritis Pain Relief
- Reduces body weight by approximately 90%, relieving pressure on joints and muscles and making it a safe and gentle environment for warm water exercise.
- Increases circulation and helps move inflammatory substances away from the joints.
- Allows muscles to become relaxed, which creates an overall feeling of comfort and makes it easier to carry out daily tasks.
According to a medical study conducted by the Mayo Clinic, the cardiovascular stress of a 15-minute soak at 104 degrees is mild – much less than the stress of the light exercise most people with heart disease are advised to do.
A Better Night’s Sleep
- Relaxing in hot water for 15 minutes approximately 90 minutes before bedtime causes the body’s internal thermostat to pull your temperature down, enabling you to drift into a deeper, more relaxing sleep.
- Hydromassage is a natural remedy, unlike prescription & over-the-counter drugs and alcohol, all of which make you feel groggy and have other adverse effects.
- Can reduce blood sugar levels by 13%.
- Ideal for individuals who are physically unable to endure rigorous activity.
- Increases overall sense of well being.
To learn more about the benefits of hot tubs and about HotSpring of Dayton, visit their website or call 937-848-3366.