The Hamilton Parker Company, Columbus-based since 1934, offers everything you need to reinvent the look of your home, both at their Columbus and Delaware locations.
“Small changes can really help you reinvent your space,” said Heather Johnson, director of marketing for Hamilton Parker. “Some may even add value to your home.”
If you are looking to make just a few changes that will have a major impact, Johnson said these are your best bets:
- A New Garage Door – A new garage door is one of the easiest ways to overhaul your curb appeal. It is one of the first things people see when they come to your home, and an easy way for you to make a great first impression.
Johnson said the wood look is a very popular style right now and can make your home look very high end. Available in real wood, steel and fiberglass, with varying looks, maintenance & design options, there’s a garage door to fit every taste and budget. You also can consider adding windows for a design accent or to let more light in.
- Pavers – Think outside the patio! Replace the blacktop or cement in your driveway or walkway with pavers. You can bend this trend to fit your budget and style.
Johnson said some people will just accent the border of their driveways with pavers and continue that look by lining the path to the door. Others can achieve a more high-end look by replacing the entire driveway with pavers.
- Fireplaces – A lot of people think that if you want a fireplace, you need to buy a house with one. Johnson said that’s a myth. Technology in fireplaces has improved so much that electric wall-mounted fireplaces have now become very popular and are as easy to install as hanging a picture. Hamilton Parker Company carries a variety of fireplace options, and can help you find anything from traditional fireplaces to a more linear, modern look.
- Backsplashes – A new backsplash is a great way to add personality to your home, Johnson said. You can add one in the kitchen or behind the bathroom vanity and take a boring look to exciting. Hamilton Parker has a variety of tile in their Columbus and Delaware showrooms and opened a new tile-only showroom in Sharonville last year. The design team at Hamilton Parker can work with you to find what tile helps you express your style and add value to your home.
- Thin Brick – One very exciting product Hamilton Parker carries is called thin brick. Johnson said it is a wall cladding system that is comprised of real brick sliced down the middle, to make it thinner, but retain the look and feel of real brick. Due to being more lightweight, it is easy to install compared to real brick and doesn’t require the same heavy construction. Thanks to a metal grid installation system, this can even be installed as a DIY project.
Johnson said it is very popular right now because it can help you achieve a variety of looks from very traditional, to a “downtown loft,” to rustic Italy, to shabby chic, all with very little effort.
Johnson said all of these options allow you to be very cost conscious and choose how much or little of the trend to incorporate, but they also allow you to have some fun and reinvent your home. Even with a small change, you can feel like you are in a brand new space.