3 to 4 cups bourbon (depending on taste)
12 oz frozen lemonade
6 oz frozen orange juice (1/2 of a 12 oz can)
3/4 cup of sugar (add more for a sweeter slush)
3 regular sized tea bags
7 cups water
- Add tea bags to two cups of water and bring to a boil to make a strong tea.
- Add sugar and let it dissolve.
- In a large freezer safe container, add tea and 7 cups of water. Mix in remaining ingredients. Freeze overnight.
- If slush is not frozen enough, add another cup or two of water and refreeze.
- Scoop into a Mason jar or Solo cup.
- Top with a maraschino cherry and a spoonful of cherry juice.
Gina notes: Some of her friends prefer to add a splash of Sprite. This adds a bit of fizz to the drink and expands the number of servings. Main recipe makes about twelve 8 oz drinks.
Recipe provided by Ken Krusling