2 bunches (1 pound) broccolini
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
½ cup water
Lemon wedges, for serving
- Rinse broccolini under cool water and shake off the excess water. Trim about ½ inch off the bottom of the broccolini stems. Prepare a large bowl of ice water.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Add the broccolini and stir; cook for 1 minute. Remove the broccolini from the pot and immediately place in the ice water; let fully cool.
- Remove the broccolini from ice water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a large, straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the broccolini and sauté until it is bright green and the stems and tips of the florets are lightly charred, 5–7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes, if using. Continue to sauté until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the water, cover the pan, and cook until the broccolini is tender, 1–2 minutes. Serve immediately, with lemon wedges.
YIELD 4 SERVINGS
COOK TIME 15 Minutes
Recipe provided by Sub-Zero, Wolf and Cove
Article originally appeared in March 2022