Pickled Radishes: ½ cup white vinegar • ½ cup water • 1 tbsp sugar • 1 ½ tsps salt • 8 red radishes, ends trimmed and thinly sliced
Avocado Spread: 2 large ripe avocados • 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice • Salt and pepper
Toast: 8 slices 9-grain bread • ½ cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese • ¼ cup fresh mint, basil or cilantro, finely chopped
Make the pickled radishes:
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, water, sugar and salt.
- Whisk to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Add radish slices.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or up to 8 hours.
Make the avocado spread:
- In a small bowl, mash avocado and lemon juice with a fork.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
Make the toast:
- Toast bread. Spread an equal amount of avocado mixture on each slice of toast.
- Top each slice of toast with radish slices, feta and herbs.
- Serve immediately.
- Extra pickled radishes will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
Recipe provided by Sub-Zero, Wolf and Cove | Recipe originally appeared in May 2023