8 small Campari style tomatoes – or smaller tomatoes (Or) 1 pint of your favorite grape or cherry tomatoes
½ cup Woodford Reserve Bourbon
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp orange juice
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar – or omit if the tomatoes are sweet enough.
- Bring a small pot of salted water to boil.
- Mark a small “X” in the bottom of each tomato with a paring knife.
- Prepare a bowl of ice water.
- Blanch the tomatoes in the boiling water for about 2 minutes – until the skin peels easily away.
- Peel the tomatoes from the bottom towards the stem. Many times, I leave the skins attached pulled up around the stem- they look very pretty.
- Combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add the tomatoes and macerate several hours at room temperature before serving.
Warning- This recipe contains straight Kentucky Bourbon in an uncooked state and should be served to informed adults only- but it is damned delicious.
Serves 4 as an accompaniment to grilled chicken, salmon, or a nice steak.