This bourbon marinade is fantastic for beef as it helps penetrate the tissue, leaving the meat tender and full of flavor. It is also great for pork. Whip out this recipe on a summer grilling day – while sipping your favorite pour, of course!
1 beef tenderloin or (4-6) large beef steaks
¾ cup bourbon
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp hot sauce
½ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp garlic powder
¼ cup flour
- In a large bowl, add all the liquid ingredients and whisk together.
- Then add all dry ingredients, whisking again until completely combined.
- In a large plastic bag or 13×9 baking dish, add the tenderloin and pour marinade over.
- Marinate in the fridge 4 hours, turning the meat over after 2 hours.
- Before cooking, remove from the fridge and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- When ready to grill, remove beef from marinade and place on the hot grill, cooking until meat comes to the level of preferred doneness (130 degrees for medium-rare).
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Season liberally with salt and black pepper.
- If using tenderloin, slice into desired number of servings.
- If using pre-cut steaks of your choice, simply serve and enjoy!