Home design trends vary from year to year. Sure, the staples stay the same, but the accent pieces, the colors, the accessories, all shift. Take a look at the current top 14 home design trends and see what’s in and what’s out, and if your favorite design ideas made the list.
- Black or colored stainless steel
Polished stainless steel is out. These Samsung appliances stand out against the white kitchen cabinetry.
- Fireplaces and fire features
They’re becoming the focal point of indoor and outdoor rooms, replacing TV’s.
Want to see more? Check out this stunning collection of fire features.
- Formal dining rooms
- Sit down family meals are making a comeback.
Thinking of updating your dining room? We’ve got some great dining room design ideas for you!
- Graphic throw pillows
Easy way to add pop and personality.
- Bathrooms that are living spaces
Chairs and side tables make the bathroom a private hangout.
- Multiple kitchen cabinet colors
- A daring move to add interest to the kitchen.
Looking to go that extra mile in your kitchen? Check out how this kitchen incorporated two-tone Merillat cabinets for a gorgeous result!
- Pantone color of the year, Rose Quartz and Serenity
These lovely soft pink and blue colors are reminiscent of Hydrangea flowers.
- Scandinavian inspired design
- Shades of gray
- It’s classy, cool, calm and collected.
Gray is here to stay, so why not incorporate one of these gray design ideas into your home?
- Unplugged living rooms
Going tech-free to encourage family time.
- Mixed materials
Combining different textures to express an individualized style.
- Geometric tiles
Bold patterns for floors, backsplashes or walls.
- Metallic wallpaper
- A luxurious look that adds a little shine.
Does wallpaper strike your fancy? Check out these gorgeous wall treatments.
- Statement bathroom mirrors
- It’s not just a rectangle, it’s the centerpiece.
Want to add a little something extra to your bathroom? Why not invest in an eye-catching mirror or vanity?